1. Kind of took an unintentional blog break over the past week, but rest assured – you missed nothing. My children were SPOILED rotten on Christmas – lots of dinosaurs for Pumpkin and much artsy-fartsy stuff for The Princess. They were both over-the-moon thrilled with everything they received.
2. In the tradition of KICKING CANCER’S BOOTY, if you haven’t already you may want to consider joining the National Marrow Donor Registry.
3. My husband surprised me with a KitchenAid Stand Mixer yesterday. I love baking – so the fact that I’ve had my eye on one of these for awhile probably shouldn’t be too surprising. I didn’t get it in my favorite color (GREEN) – it’s grey, and though I initially thought of swapping it out for white, I’m now thinking, “Gosh, if it’s white I’m probably going to have to dust it better.”
4. My daughters have been bickering like crazy – two weeks home is enough to make us all stir crazy. Our fuses have apparently shortened as well.
5. I took the girls to see the Alvin and the Chipmunks movie yesterday. That was moderately painful. This year there were some pretty smart “kids’” movies – UP, for example – so these goofy ones are frustrating. My daughters loved it, though.
6. The other day in a fit of boredom, I watched “Fool’s Gold” on cable (speaking of dumb movies). The movie starred Matthew McConaughey and Kate Hudson – so while I wasn’t expecting Oscar caliber work, I did expect that at the very least, I could be distracted enough by eye candy that the movie’s crappiness wouldn’t be obvious. Um, no. Even Matthew Mc’s chiseled physique could not save that wretched movie. So so sad.
7. Over the past few weeks, I finally went to Chipotle the first (and second) times. I may be thinking of Chipotle RIGHT THIS VERY MINUTE. I’m in love with their pork carnitas tacos, which reminds me a lot of the Real Simple slow cooker pulled pork tacos I made a few weeks ago and will probably make again soon – like next week-ish. They are amazing on corn tortillas covered with cilantro and there were lots of leftovers which meant that I ate them every day for four days but DID. NOT. CARE. Also, yum.
8. I immediately spent my Barnes & Noble gift cards from Christmas (my to-read pile is about 17 high at the moment), but my iTunes card is somehow still sitting on my desk. How on earth did that happen? Favorite music/apps/tv shows I should download?
9. Today may be the first day in over a week that Pumpkin has napped. I’m pleasantly surprised. VERY pleasantly surprised.
10. I met a lot of awesome people in 2009 and am grateful for the friends I have gotten to know better in the past year. I’m glad to know y’all, and I wish everyone a HAPPY NEW YEAR. 2010 is going to bring great things.