1. After three out of town trips this month, I’ve gotta say, I’m really tuckered out, and ready for summer to be over. I love to travel and have enjoyed myself – but I’m ready to spend some real time at home. I’ve been away three weekends this month and I feel like I’m drowning in all that hasn’t gotten done around my house. This weekend I think I’ve gotta write myself a massive honey-do list and try to make some progress.
2. Making progress would be easier if things would QUIT BREAKING around my house. I’ve replaced my washing machine and tomorrow, my new refrigerator is due to arrive. When I got my oil changed yesterday, I was told I needed new tires like ASAP, and so basically I’m looking up at the sky saying, “Hey UNIVERSE – what the h-e-double-hockey-sticks is this really all about because dang!” I’m feeling a little overwhelmed by it all.
3. Especially because I JUST WANT TO RIP OUT THE STUPID 15 YEAR OLD CARPET AND REPLACE IT. It’s ugly, matted and just gross. But, y’know, no money tree.
5. The thing about expecting a new fridge is you have to clean out your old one. Do you know how much salad dressing I threw away? Tons. Like seven half-used bottles that had expired. And barbecue sauce? I threw out two bottles of barbecue sauce – AND I DON’T EVEN USE THE STUFF (so you know it’s been in there a long time).
6. Just a few days left of the latest 365 project – cannot believe it’s been nearly another year. Time just keeps on keeping on.
7. And two weeks until school starts. I think the girls are ready for fifth grade and eight grade. This summer flew by faster than most – but every year I get to the point where I think year round schools are actually a really great idea. Now, two weeks before school starts, we’re at that point.
8. I got the results of my genetic testing and I would think I’d feel a bit something more – but instead it was fairly anticlimactic – because you know, it’s all well and good to know the cause but there aren’t any cures yet and my retinas are still stupid.
9. A taste of fall weather this week and while I know that most people are all, “WHERE IS SUMMER?!” and I’m like, “Oh! I don’t need to turn on the heater or the AC and I can wear jeans and not sweat a whole bunch.” In short: It’s bliss. BRING ON SEPTEMBER.
10. The thing about a three vacation month is that you never entirely catch up on sleep. I think I shall be exhausted until October, at this rate. I’m so tired I can still drink caffeine at 10 p.m. and still zonk right out. Zzzzzzz.