1. The week before a three day holiday weekend – that’s just about the longest week ever, isn’t it? I feel like i have so much to do and yet I’m struggling to get things done – I’m hopeful that tomorrow is an easy day and that the three days of rest will allow me to hit a mental re-set button.
3. And we’re in the homestretch of the school year – seems like the never ending stream of field trips and school events will go on and on and on. Of course, this is not my first rodeo – I know that it ends. I know soon we’ll be elbow deep in summer ready for school to begin again. But for now, this end of the school year business is for the birds.
4. The Princess has a migraine tonight and I feel badly for her because I know how miserable she must feel. On the other hand, I’m grateful that at nearly 13 years old, she’s old enough now to make it to the bathroom before she throws up.
5. Those are the major milestones, right? Earlier tonight, I was realizing that the first big “wow, she’s growing up” milestone is when your kids no longer need you to help them eat their ice cream before it drips out of the cone. I noticed this as Pumpkin was eating a scoop of mint chip. Without needing my help.
6. Finally was able to put a dent in cleaning the playroom with Pumpkin this evening. Oh my gosh, what a mess that room is. She even let me throw some things away. The clutter, oh my gosh, the clutter. I’m glad to feel like it’s coming around a bit.
7. So, in exactly one week, The Princess will be 13. It’s… sobering, somehow. That means I’ve lived in this house 13 years. It means my daughter is a teenager. It means that there’s really only five years until she’s an adult, goes to college. And… where did the time go?
8. My Facebook feed tonight is filled with friends with graduating seniors tonight – so at least I’m not there yet.
9. I went to the library, checked out a bunch of books and… haven’t spent any time reading again. (Common themes are common, are they not?)
10. Ah tomorrow, let’s hope it flies. Mama needs a three day weekend.