1. I am endlessly amazed by how quickly time zips by and how blurry each day seems to get and how I am already seeing notes in the kids’ backpacks about the last day of school and that’s how close it is – that it’s NEXT MONTH already and whoa, May, where did you come from?
2. Tomorrow is the dog’s birthday. He’ll be two. I remember when we met him – there were two puppies to choose from. We moved some distance away from the puppies and waited to see who would come to us. This is the little guy who chose us. He chews up stuff that should not be chewed, but dang if I don’t actually love having a dog. House actually feels safer with him in it (mainly because he hasn’t been trained not to bark at everything that goes by). Nice to know that no one will ever sneak up on us in this house.
3. So The Princess will be making a puppy birthday cake tomorrow. I have no idea what’s in a puppy birthday cake, but I envision a messy kitchen.
4. In an impulse grocery store purchase last night, I got these granola bars. Simply Eight. Supposed to just have only eight ingredients, so theoretically not all the garbage and chemicals and yuck. I was thinking, “FANTASTIC! I could use a little less yuck!” Well, FYI. The yuck is what holds a granola bar together. If you want a pile of crumbs, you should try these.
5. I would be remiss if I didn’t mention that OH MY GOD CHRIS MANN MADE IT TO THE FINALS ON THE VOICE. I’ll stop yelling now. Seriously, so excited for him. The guy is so phenomenally talented and I’m excited to see what is in store for him career-wise. I’ll definitely be watching next week and cheering him on. As should you, because REALLY? He’s so good.
6. Two weeks from tomorrow I get on a plane (ACK) to go to Boston to spend the weekend walking 39.3 miles to fight breast cancer. I’m still a ways away from my goal, so please, if you have been thinking of supporting the cause and supporting me in this walk, go ahead and CLICK to donate to the Avon Walk. It’s an amazing cause, it’s an amazing experience. I cannot believe how quickly it’s approaching.
7. I scheduled an appointment for a hair cut tomorrow afternoon, thinking it was time for a change. Now? Can’t think of what to do with my hair. So, you know… I plan to leave the salon looking pretty much the same as when I walked in. I like having long hair – as much as I am tempted to chop it off, I don’t think I’m going to. Unless you can convince me by showing me pictures of great hair. Not too short. My hair is curly. I don’t want to puff up like a mushroom cloud or something.)
8. Do you know those days when you have a ton of things to do and then you eat too much yummy food at lunch and suddenly you’re in a food coma and you can’t figure out what to do next? Not me. I never have those days. Never. Not ever. Not even right now. Not a little bit.
9. I still haven’t started reading the book club choice of the month – though I showed it to the Princess and as I had anticipated, she seemed very interested in reading it. I think I may force myself to read this – that’s part of the point of book club – but, I accept that this isn’t really my cup of tea. I’m SO BAD AT BOOK CLUB.
10. I have gone through this list three times to make sure I counted right. One of these days, I will realize my fear of posting a nine-itemed Thursday Ten list.