1. Obligatory weather gripe: It’s currently 92° with a feels like temperature of 104°. If it feels like 104, then as far as I’m concerned, it’s 104. And 104 is too hot. WAY. TOO. HOT.
2. With the temps soaring as they have, the air conditioning has been running almost nonstop – and I really do not want to know how much that’s going to end up costing. Ugh. When it was still 88 at ten p.m. last night though, there was no way to just open the window and hope for “sleeping weather”. The Princess had gymnastics practice today and walked out of that sweltering building in tears – fortunately, she had stayed ultra hydrated — but the temperature in that building was barely cooler than outside, if at all – and that was far too hot for how intensive practices can be. Lesson learned.
3. Sweet! Book club has finally finally chosen a book I haven’t read yet. Today I’ll venture out to pick up The Kitchen Daughter by Jael McHenry. Looks good if you can get past all the wretched cooking puns in the online reviews.
4. I haven’t bought any new music lately and I can’t think of any good reason why – because goodness knows, I need some new music to listen to. As I type this, I have Adele’s “Someone Like You” in my headphones, because I love the piano in this song (it’s the 16th most played song in my music library, by the way). But… no new music. Which is sad.
5. I know, I know, it’s SO YESTERDAY, but this Jimmy Fallon/Justin Timberlake History of Rap revisit was the best thing I saw yesterday. And I still like it today. Yep. I do.
6. I didn’t see the Harry Potter movie and I’m not going to. I am a rarity and an oddball and a non-Harry Potter loving kinda person. Meh. I just never got into the series. I’m seeing a lot of references to the movie and the books online and I don’t get any of them. So… do they all die in the end? Is that what happens?
7. I’ve already signed up to walk in the 2012 Avon Walk… in Boston. Despite San Francisco’s big hills, it was the “easiest” walk for me yet in terms of not feeling negatively for weeks after. I’m doing well. I’m ready to do it again.
8. There is something stuck under my T key on the keyboard which means I have to push that key REALLY HARD to make it go. I could just… clean my keyboard. Naaaaaaaaaaaaaaah.
9. I haven’t picked up my guitar in two months. I see its case just 10 feet from me, and I wonder why I have not given myself five minutes, ten minutes to play. Out of habit, I’ve kept my fingernails short, but I miss playing. Today. I will play my guitar today.
10. As I wrap up this less-than-riveting list, I’ve got some great chair dancing music on which is making me smile. What is your favorite SURE TO MAKE YOU DANCE IN YOUR SEAT song?