1. Earlier this week, I saw this song posted online somewhere. I have never seen this movie (I have this thing where Nicholas Sparks makes me a little barfy, and I mean that in the nicest possible way). I love the lyrics and simplicity of this song – and it’s been in my head almost nonstop since the first listen.
“Paperweight” – Joshua Radin, Schuyler Fisk
2. My summer birthday kiddo is approaching her half-birthday. Pumpkin’s teacher allows summer kids to celebrate half-birthdays in class – so I’m on the lookout – I need some AWESOME cupcake ideas for her (no peanuts or peanut butter). Anyone have great fun (cute) ideas?
3. How many of you are heading to Nashville for Blissdom in a few weeks? I’m looking forward to meeting those of you I haven’t met yet (tweet me, find me, say hi), spending time with my friends (HEEEEY), and HELLO, Mat Kearney and Michelle Branch are coming to entertain us. I figure, maybe if I ask really nicely, I can just stand off to the side and hold guitar picks for Mat. Think that’d fly?
4. I’ve decided that 2011 is my year to get my shtuff together. I really would like to make it the year that I spend more time doing the things I love doing – and one of those things is hovering behind my camera. I was asked by a friend the other day to take pictures of her beautiful infant daughter. I am so tremendously flattered and excited. I can make this happen – it’s just a matter of not getting in my own way LIKE I DO.
5. A lot of people have designated a word for the year – a word to define their goal for the year, or how they aim to live life in 2011 — the word I’ve chosen is “HOPE”. I figure, once you lose hope you’re pretty much screwed – so it’s a matter of finding hope and hanging on. Have you chosen a word for 2011? What is it?
6. Valentines Day is fast approaching and guess what? I’m not excited. It’s my least favorite “holiday” (quotes because, let’s be real, it’s not a TRUE HOLIDAY). The best part about V-DAY? The candy conversation hearts. And, I’m told that philosophy has a great smelling bath product for VDay also. (No one paid me to say that. Hey Philosophy: Call me. You can pay me in bubble bath).
7. My cold is back. My local grocery store doesn’t have the good cold medicine. The good stuff you can make meth with and actually get sinus relief from. Consequently, my ear hurts like someone is burrowing in it with an ice pick. It’s AWESOME.
8. I have gotten into the gross habit of waking up before 6 a.m. Now that Pumpkin has that amazing alarm clock – she doesn’t wake me up that early. However, the dudes that plow our driveway like to come by around 5:30, and then there’s the guy across the street with one of those obnoxiously loud exhaust systems on his car (it’s like “Fast and Furious Suburb Style”). HATE IT. Now I am incapable of sleeping.
9. I have loaded up my Kindle for my trip to Nashville. I don’t anticipate reading much once I’m there – but I’m going for the “read to distract myself from in-flight panic” method. Are you reading anything great worth recommending?
10. Over the holiday break, I didn’t pick up my guitar AT ALL and had a phenomenal lesson when I returned. This past week I did practice and played HORRIBLY at my lesson this week. Hmmm. Why is that? Seems like a total flip flip of how it should be.