Summer is not my favorite time of year and tends to be the time when I get a little whinier than average (even whinier than winter, I think – which is saying something because cold weather, icy driving conditions, and puffy coats wear on my nerves pretty quick).
Something in me has been telling me all morning to embrace what is good about the season, rather than complain willy-nilly about the stupid humidity (and OH! It’s SO humid).
Without further adieu (and griping) here are some things to be happy about this summer. Feel free to add your own in the comments.
- Popsicles. Lots and lots of popsicles.
- Being able to open the window without a foot of snow drifting in from outside
- Dipping my feet in a swimming pool while my kids cannonball in and splash me (and the rest of the world!)
- The local ice cream shops are open. And there’s a lot of them.
- Daylight at 8 p.m. and later.
- Flip flops
- Getting to show off a fun brightly-hued pedi in a pair of flip flops (OPI’s Ogre-the-top is what currently decorates my toesies)
- Tank tops
- Working out outside
- Letting the kids take a “bath” in the wading pool in the front yard – while wearing swimsuits, of course.
- That you can get a sugar free, non fat light frappucino for under 100 calories for the tall size
- Annnnnd, since I’m talking Starbucks: Viva la treat receipt!
- Carnivals and elephant ears
- Seeing the neighbors who have been in hibernation all winter
- The perma-ponytail I wear from June through August
Okay… what have you got?