1. Patience is a virtue. It is not one of MY virtues. I am not a particularly patient person. I’ve tried. I really really have. But… waiting? Whether it’s for people, things, whatever… I don’t wait well.
2. Right now, I have a gleaming kitchen floor. I just washed it on Tuesday, but it was ready to be washed again by Tuesday evening. No freakin’ way I was scrubbing the floor twice in one day. I just don’t do that. It’s pretty shiny now – but it will look like crap again by tomorrow morning at the latest – that’s pretty much a guaranteed fact.
3. I just scheduled an appointment to get the kids’ pictures taken on Saturday. For some reason, the school never notified us of Stepson’s pictures – so the most recent picture we have of him is from two (?) years ago. We’ll be getting Pumpkin’s 2-1/2 year pictures done at that time, and then even though The Princess had her pics done at school in October and will have them done again in March, we’ll get some pics of the girls together, and then all three kids together. I am crossing my fingers, toes, legs, whatever. Taking the kids to get their pictures done is never a smooth sailing experience.
4. Yesterday, I decided to teach the girls a lesson in life: If you want flowers, buy ‘em yourself. Hubby is too busy to even think of it, and the grey days call for a little bit of color to brighten things up. I told him Tuesday night that the girls and I were going to pick up flowers. He apparently wasn’t listening. He came home yesterday, “WHO are the flowers from?!” Honestly, they were carnations, for god’s sake. If I was going to have a man other than my Hubby buy me flowers, they better NOT be carnations. The girls and I laughed about it though, and The Princess was quite happy to tell her daddy about how we picked them out and all the colors they had and so on. Another nifty little note – you wouldn’t think so, but Costco has VERY pretty flowers. Huh.
5. As I type this, Pumpkin has taken a brand new box of crayons, broken most of the crayons in half and is peeling the paper off of them. She is so intent. I don’t dare stop her. I know The Princess is going to be mad when she gets home from school and sees the broken crayons with no paper – but it’s good clean fun, and I’m gonna let her do it. [I was going to have to clean the dining room anyway].
6. Tonight, I’m supposed to go to the movies with my mom. She wants to go see PS I Love You. I’m totally not feeling it. I don’t feel like sitting in a movie, let alone some tear jerker. The thought of bailing out on plans with my mom makes me feel like a bit of a jerk!
7. I have had a serious hankering for Chinese food the past few days. Hubby hates it, which is why I almost never have it – but it sounds so so good. Maybe tomorrow night I’ll order some takeout and he can eat leftovers from the fridge.
8. I have missed the last two episodes of Grey’s Anatomy. I’ve downloaded them from iTunes and still haven’t watched them. Maybe tonight while I’m not at the movies with my mother.
9. The people in my house surprised me last week. I made ropa vieja, and I was sure that I would be the only one who liked it (It’s a Cuban sort of beef stew- that’s the best way I can describe it). First of all, I am a way better cook than I give myself credit for – because it was incredible. Second – EVERYONE liked it. I was very surprised. Even The Princess liked it, and she hates spicy food.
10. I’m a Project Runway addict. I was kinda happy to see Victorya get “auf’d” last night. She bugged me.